Montgomery County Planning Board meetings are held every second Thursday of the month (pending a holiday), at 6:30 pm at the Old County Court House located at 9 Park Street, Fonda, NY 12068.
A referral must be submitted 7 calendar days prior to the MCPB meeting date in order for it to be placed on the agenda. Cases are forwarded to the office for review in compliance with Sections 239-l and 239-m of Article 12-B of General Municipal Law, New York State. Material is sent to the MCPB for review and recommendation because the property affected is located within 500 feet of a:
- Municipal boundary (including the creation or updates of a local plan or code).
- Boundary of any existing or proposed County or State park or other recreation area.
- Right-of-way of any existing or proposed County or State parkway, thruway, expressway, road or highway.
- Existing or proposed right-of-way of any stream or drainage channel owned by the County or for which the County has established channel lines.
- Existing or proposed boundary of any County or State-owned land on which a public building or institution is situated.
- Farm operation within an Agricultural District (does not apply to area variances.)
A Full Application can be submitted to the MCPB as a hard copy, consisting of 13 copies, or as a digital copy to the attached dropbox link, with the MCPB Referral Form. A Full Statement of the proposed action includes:
- All materials required by and submitted to the referring body as an applicant.
- A set of site plans (If submitting hard copy 1 large set of plans, if available, and 12 11×17 packets)
- The completed Environmental Assessment Form (EAF) as well as all other materials used by the referring body to make a determination of significance under State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA).